RAMS AFI clinic provides services for children, adults, and families who are uninsured and/or self-paid and/or have private insurance. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Psychotherapy: Our therapists provide culturally sensitive and responsive psychotherapy to adults, children, and families in the treatment of the following areas:
- Emotional Difficulties: Anxiety, Depression, Post-traumatic stress
- Behavioral Issues: ADHD, Oppositional behaviors
- Cultural-Related Stress: Immigration stress, issues regarding cultural identity, Intercultural/Intergenerational communication difficulties
- Self-esteem issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Career-related transition and stress
- Psychological Testing and Assessment: Our psychologist can conduct an evaluation for adults and children, which is more in-depth than an office visit. Psychological testing and assessments may be recommended to further support mental health providers in arriving at a diagnosis by identifying issues such as learning needs and behavioral and emotional challenges (e.g. Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders) as well as informing treatment planning by determining strategies on how to best support the individual.
- Integrated Care: A holistic and innovative approach that uses both conventional and complementary therapies in the treatment of mental health concerns. Together, a therapist and acupuncturist & traditional Chinese medicine practitioner can work to provide personalized treatments to suit your lifestyle and promote self-awareness and resources for self-care. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is one of the dominant medical practices used in many Asian countries, and treatments may include functional and nutritional assessments, acupuncture, and breathing and meditation exercises.
The AFI multi-disciplinary team includes the fields of psychology, marriage & family therapy, clinical social work, and acupuncture/Traditional Chinese Medicine with diverse cultural backgrounds. Services can be provided in English, Cantonese, and/or Mandarin. Call AFI's Intake Coordinator at 415-668-5025. Your information will be kept CONFIDENTIAL, as required by law.