Employees hired for 20 hours or more:
- Cafeteria Plan Benefits & RAMS Group Health Insurance Coverage. Benefits begin 1st of the month, 30 days after hire.
- PTO accrual of 8hrs per pay period for a full-time employee, pro-rated if hired between 20 and 40 hours per week. Accrual starts upon hire.
- Paid Holidays if scheduled workday falls on a holiday observed by RAMS.
- Eligibility for PTO Donation Program in event of catastrophic illness or injury.
Link to download/view benefit offerings & summary document:
RAMS Nonstop Wellness Benefit Guide
Employees hired for less than 20hrs/wk:
- Trainings, In-Service Presentations, and Educational/CE opportunities presented in-house
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- ClipperDIrect and Commuter Check pre-tax deductions
- RAMS-sponsored activities: monthly events & outings, staff retreats, trainings & professional development opportunities, etc.
- Group discount programs
- Paid Educational Leave
Plus all federal leaves (FMLA), state leaves (CFRA, PDL), & employee benefit programs (State SDI & PFL, SF Paid Parental Leave, etc), and other benefits as per federal, state, and SF City/County requirements.
Links to download/view benefit documents:
RAMS 1-page Employee Benefits Summary
What is the RAMS Cafeteria Plan?
For employees hired 20 hours or more, RAMS will provide the equivalent cash cost of Kaiser HMO as “cafeteria benefit credits”, which employees can choose to use for Kaiser HMO coverage, or Anthem HMO or PPO, or Chinese Community Health Plan coverage. The employee can also select Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, Flex Spending Account, or Aflac coverage. RAMS will cover 100% of the cost of Life/AD&D, & Short-Term Disability.
If the total monthly premium cost of the plans you choose exceeds the cost of Kaiser HMO, then the difference will be automatically deducted from your paycheck. Otherwise, if you have any unused extra cafeteria benefit credits left over, then 25% of the leftover credits will be included in your paycheck.
What is the San Francisco City Option?
For employees hired less than 20 hours, RAMS will provide healthcare expenditure contributions for every hour you are paid, to your account set up with SF City Option. For SF residents, this will help fund your health care services & costs. For non-SF residents or individuals who already have health coverage, this will go into a Medical Reimbursement Account which you can use to help pay for medical/health-related costs. See “Overview” link here for this year’s Expenditure Rate contributed to your account.
What holidays does RAMS observe?
- New Year’s Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
For programs which are open Monday-thru-Friday: Holidays on a Saturday are observed the prior Friday. Holidays on a Sunday are observed on Monday.
Only employees hired for 20 hours or more are eligible for paid holidays. Employees hired less than 20 hours are paid only for actual days worked.
If eligible employees are required to work on observed holidays, they shall receive regular wages for that day, and the unused holiday shall be added to their PTO balance.