Employees hired for 20 hours or more per week
- Cafeteria Plan Benefits & RAMS Group Health Insurance Coverage. Benefits begin 1st of the month, 30 days after hire.
- PTO accrual of 8hrs per pay period for a full-time employee, pro-rated if hired between 20 and 40 hours per week. Accrual starts upon hire and increases with length of employment.
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holidays if scheduled workday falls on a holiday observed by RAMS.
- Eligibility for PTO Donation Program in event of catastrophic illness or injury.
Link to download/view benefit offerings & summary document:
2022 RAMS Benefit Guide
Employees hired for less than 20 hours per week
- Health coverage under San Francisco City Option, as required by SF Health Care Security Ordinance. Benefits begin 90 days after hire.
- Paid Time Off (at a rate of 0.0461538 hours for every one hour of work, which is based on accrual rate of 12 days per year for 1 full-time) as required by SF Minimum Compensation Ordinance. Accrual starts upon hire.
- Trainings, In-Service Presentations, and Educational/CE opportunities presented in-house
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- ClipperDirect pre-tax deductions for commute expenses
- RAMS-sponsored activities: monthly events & outings, staff retreats, trainings & professional development opportunities, etc.
- Group discount programs
- Paid Educational Leave and professional development opportunities
- Clinical positions are eligible for Student Loan Forgiveness programs
- (For Board-Registered staff) Clinical supervision and ability to accrue hours towards licensure
- Plus all federal leaves (FMLA), state leaves (CFRA, PDL), & employee benefit programs (State SDI & PFL, SF Paid Parental Leave, etc), and other benefits as per federal, state, and SF City/County requirements.
Links to download/view benefit documents:
RAMS 1pg Employee Benefits Summary-2022
What is the RAMS Cafeteria Plan?
For employees hired 20 hours or more, RAMS will provide the equivalent cash cost of Kaiser HMO as “cafeteria benefit credits”, which employees can choose to use for Kaiser HMO coverage, or Anthem HMO or PPO, or Chinese Community Health Plan coverage. The employee can also select Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, Flex Spending Account, or Aflac coverage. RAMS will cover 100% of the cost of Life/AD&D, & Short-Term Disability.
If the total monthly premium cost of the plans you choose exceeds the cost of Kaiser HMO, then the difference will be automatically deducted from your paycheck. Otherwise, if you have any unused extra cafeteria benefit credits left over, then 25% of the leftover credits will be included in your paycheck.
What is the San Francisco City Option?
For employees hired less than 20 hours, RAMS will provide healthcare expenditure contributions for every hour you are paid, to your account set up with SF City Option. For SF residents, this will help fund your health care services & costs. For non-SF residents or individuals who already have health coverage, this will go into a Medical Reimbursement Account which you can use to help pay for medical/health-related costs. See “Overview” link here for this year’s Expenditure Rate contributed to your account.
What holidays does RAMS observe?
- New Year’s Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
For programs which are open Monday-thru-Friday: Holidays on a Saturday are observed the prior Friday. Holidays on a Sunday are observed on Monday.
Only employees hired for 20 hours or more are eligible for paid holidays. Employees hired less than 20 hours are paid only for actual days worked.
If eligible employees are required to work on observed holidays, they shall receive regular wages for that day, and the unused holiday shall be added to their PTO balance.