For both families and individuals, struggling with mental illness is, in itself, isolating. This isolation is exacerbated if the client doesn’t speak English or comes from a cultural background that stigmatizes mental illness. To provide direct therapeutic and assessment services to Asian and Pacific Islander families as well as many others, RAMS launched the Asian Family Institute, staffed with a committed team of clinicians with the capacity to speak Cantonese, Taiwanese, Mandarin, Japanese, Russian, and Hebrew.
Serving both adults and children, Asian Family Institute therapists provide culturally and linguistically responsive psychotherapy as well as psychological assessment in the following areas:
- Emotional Difficulties: Anxiety, Depression, Post-traumatic stress
- Behavioral Issues: ADHD, Oppositional behaviors
- Cultural-Related Stress: Immigration stress, issues regarding cultural identity,
- Intercultural/Intergenerational communication difficulties
- Self-esteem issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Career-related transition and stress
- Learning needs
- Normal aging and dementia
- Chronic physical illness
Asian Family Institute also has a Medication Clinic that provides psychiatric evaluation and medication management.
Who We Serve
Asian Family Institute primarily serves adults, children, and families with an emphasis on the Asian and Pacific Islander Community.