RAMS, in collaboration with San Francisco State University (SFSU) Department of Counseling, is excited to announce that the Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate Program is currently accepting applications for the RAMS/SFSU Fall 2018 Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate Entry Course!
Funded by the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA), the Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate Entry Course provides a 12-week intensive program that offers training and education for individuals, and family members of individuals, that have accessed behavioral health services & who are interested in (or are currently) providing peer counseling, advocacy and support services in the behavioral health field in San Francisco. Having already successfully completed 16 cohort cycles, the Entry Course has graduated over 230 participants, the majority of whom are actively engaging in work, volunteer, and educational opportunities as a direct result of taking the course. This program is free of cost for the attendee, with books and materials included, and a modest stipend is provided upon completion of the course.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are at least 18 years of age and a resident of San Francisco,
- Have successfully completed at least a High School education or GED,
- Are interested in helping people in a behavioral health setting, and
- Are able to attend 12 weeks of classes, which will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays (10AM-2PM).
- The Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate program is funded by the San Francisco Department of Public Health with Mental Health Services Act (Prop. 63) funds. As such, the course is designed for individuals (or family members) with personal experience with behavioral health services.
Application and Course Timeline:
- Monday, July 16th: Application Release
- Wednesday, July 25th & Tuesday, July 31st: Informational Program Open Houses @ 835 Market
- Friday, August 3rd: Optional Application Help Workshop @ Peer Wellness Center, 1282 Market
- Tuesday, August 21st @ 5PM: Application Submission Deadline
- Week of September 3rd: Notification of Application Status
- Tuesday, September 18th, 2018: First Day of Instruction
Please feel free to contact Program Manager, Kristin Snell, at (415) 579-3021 x102 or email@example.com should you have any questions. Materials are available for download at:http://www.ramsinc.org/peer.php.
We look forward to receiving applications for the Fall 2018 class, and beginning another great cohort!